Express your views!
You can help by participating in a range of activism events, such as joining our protests, political candidates forums, and educational sessions to learn more and let elected officials know about your views:
(see events in calendar view)
- Looking Back at Our Jan 14 2021 Town HallIn Jan 14 2021, over 200 attendees turned out on Zoom to listen to updates on crucial quality of life concerns in Harlem, as well as Greater Harlem Coalition’s accomplishments in 2020, and our … Continue reading “Looking Back at Our Jan 14 2021 Town Hall”
- NY Govt Wants to Hear Your Views on Pending Merger of Dept of Addiction Services and Dept of Mental Health@NYOASAS and @NYSOHM are on a listening tour. Pls send your views to @NYGovCuomo! This is the chance to help build a more effective @NYOASAS and stop the issue of oversaturation #greaterharlem #redliningharlem #inequity #oversaturation
- Patch: Results so far of Mayor’s Recent Visit to 125th StreetThanks to concerns you have passionately made to our Mayor, elected officials have taken some actions to mitigate the unacceptable quality of life issues on 125th street and its vicinity.
- Seminar/Talk on RedliningEvent on 3rd Dec 2020 where author of award-winning book “Redlined” gives a seminar
- Manhattan DA Candidates Forum: Harlem’s Fair ShareGHC held Manhattan DA Candidates Forum with focus on Harlem’s Fair Share of harm reduction services
- GHC Petitioned Successfully Against a New Drug Treatment Center in East Harlem and presented data to CB11In May, 2020, we presented in CB11 (East Harlem). See an excerpt of CB11 meeting minutes, and full minutes here Shawn Hill – Harlem Neighborhood Block Association (10 minutes)i. Concentration/ Saturation of treatment facilities … Continue reading “GHC Petitioned Successfully Against a New Drug Treatment Center in East Harlem and presented data to CB11”
- Illegal Drug Use, Treatment, and Bail Reform—Impact on the Greater Harlem CommunityThursday, February 27th – 7:00 PM, Ascension Presbyterian Church, 15 Mount Morris Park West @ 122nd St. When will other, wealthier communities accept their Fair Share?
- GHC presented to Community Board 10 Central Harlem evidence of oversaturationMay 2020: See the meeting minutes here. Relevant excerpt included below: Greater Harlem Coalition (GHC) – Shawn HillThe Greater Harlem Coalition wants to hold city and state agenciesaccountable for ensuring that the programs currently … Continue reading “GHC presented to Community Board 10 Central Harlem evidence of oversaturation”
- Protest against Mt. Sinai @ MBP Gale Brewer’s Harlem officeCome out and protest the over saturation of addiction services in greater Harlem!
- Protest Against Mount Sinai’s expansion of Substance Abuse Clinics in HarlemTuesday, May 28th at 5:30 PM, at 1470 Madison Avenue, Room 5-101