Below are a collection of past media reports that featured our members:
- Patch: Results so far of Mayor’s Recent Visit to 125th StreetThanks to concerns you have passionately made to our Mayor, elected officials have taken some actions to mitigate the unacceptable quality of life issues on 125th street and its vicinity.
- Uptowner: GHC’s case against Mount Sinai Expansion in HarlemNovember 2019, the Uptowner quoted multiple GHC members critical of Mount Sinai’s plan to expand in Harlem on West 124 Street. Community Leaders, Residents Say Proposed Clinic Overloads Harlem Advocates and residents have grown frustrated with Mount Sinai’s plan … Continue reading “Uptowner: GHC’s case against Mount Sinai Expansion in Harlem”
- Manhattan Times: Oversaturation in HarlemNovember 2019, Manhattan Times interviewed Barbara Askins, Greater Harlem Coalition member and President and CEO of the 125th Street BID (125th Street Business Improvement District), and Nilsa Orama, Chair of Community Board 11 (East Harlem), who both complained about … Continue reading “Manhattan Times: Oversaturation in Harlem”
- CBS News: Oversaturation of Harlem has attracted illegal drug sellersCBS News story on how the Oversaturation of drug clinics in Harlem attracts scores of illegal drug sellers
- Patch: Mayor De Blasio Visits 125th StreetSunday’s visit by Mayor Bill de Blasio came amid complaints about drug use and filthy sidewalks along East 125th Street during the pandemic.
- Patch: GHC’s Letter to Mayor De Blasio(Harlemites, your voices have been heard! GHC’s letter to the Mayor led to some short term improvements on 125th Street. Here are a few updates since this post on October 2012: (1) Nov 10, Our letter prompted Mayor to … Continue reading “Patch: GHC’s Letter to Mayor De Blasio”
- Patch: News on GHC’s Pressure on Mayor De BlasioPatch reports on GHC’s letter to Mayor De Blasio complaining of deteriorating conditions
- The City: Complaints from Harlem of Mount Sinai’s planned clinicGHC Protest At Mt. Sinai Meeting With Political Leaders, Mentioned In “The City “ – 092719
- Wall Street Journal: Harlem pushes back on proposed drug treatment centerIn Oct 2018, Wall Street Journal interviewed our founder Syderia as we pushed back on newly proposed drug treatment center in Harlem. By Melanie Grayce West The pretty community garden on West 123rd Street near Syderia Asberry-Chresfield’s home has attracted … Continue reading “Wall Street Journal: Harlem pushes back on proposed drug treatment center”