Below are selected news coverage regarding quality of life issues driven by oversaturation of drug treatment clinics
- Pushback on Homeless SheltersGiven so much push back on placement of homeless shelters, the latest being on Upper West Side and West Harlem, we thought some facts would be helpful. There are about 60,000 individuals who do not have … Continue reading “Pushback on Homeless Shelters”
- Patch: Results so far of Mayor’s Recent Visit to 125th StreetThanks to concerns you have passionately made to our Mayor, elected officials have taken some actions to mitigate the unacceptable quality of life issues on 125th street and its vicinity.
- Uptowner: GHC’s case against Mount Sinai Expansion in HarlemNovember 2019, the Uptowner quoted multiple GHC members critical of Mount Sinai’s plan to expand in Harlem on West 124 Street. Community Leaders, Residents Say Proposed Clinic Overloads Harlem Advocates and residents have grown frustrated with … Continue reading “Uptowner: GHC’s case against Mount Sinai Expansion in Harlem”
- Manhattan Times: Oversaturation in HarlemNovember 2019, Manhattan Times interviewed Barbara Askins, Greater Harlem Coalition member and President and CEO of the 125th Street BID (125th Street Business Improvement District), and Nilsa Orama, Chair of Community Board 11 (East Harlem), who … Continue reading “Manhattan Times: Oversaturation in Harlem”
- CBS News: Oversaturation of Harlem has attracted illegal drug sellersCBS News story on how the Oversaturation of drug clinics in Harlem attracts scores of illegal drug sellers
- Patch: Mayor De Blasio Visits 125th StreetSunday’s visit by Mayor Bill de Blasio came amid complaints about drug use and filthy sidewalks along East 125th Street during the pandemic.
- Protest at the LucerneYou likely have heard how some residents of the Upper West Side raised a significant amount of money to fund a legal campaign to force homeless New Yorkers out of the Lucerne Hotel which the DHS … Continue reading “Protest at the Lucerne”
- The City: Complaints from Harlem of Mount Sinai’s planned clinicGHC Protest At Mt. Sinai Meeting With Political Leaders, Mentioned In “The City “ – 092719
- Bronx politicians pushed back. When will those in Harlem?Who are the New York politicians you should contact and demand fair share practices be implemented in Harlem?
- Wall Street Journal: Harlem pushes back on proposed drug treatment centerIn Oct 2018, Wall Street Journal interviewed our founder Syderia as we pushed back on newly proposed drug treatment center in Harlem. By Melanie Grayce West The pretty community garden on West 123rd Street near Syderia Asberry-Chresfield’s … Continue reading “Wall Street Journal: Harlem pushes back on proposed drug treatment center”
DRUG RELATED ARRESTS IN HARLEM
Below are selected news articles covering the arrests of drug dealers in Harlem. Oversaturation directly contribute to drug related criminal activities in Harlem and put undue burden on the police forces in Harlem:
- 2020 Dec: 14 drug dealers arrested
- 2019 Apr : 20M In Narcotics Found In Harlem
- 2019 Mar: This block in Harlem has become ‘flea market for drugs’
- 2019 Feb: charged in drug dealing on 123 street near 5 schools
- 2015 Sept 19 men associated with drug dealing have been indicted for possessing and selling crack cocaine
- 2011 Feb: More than a dozen busted for drug dealing on 137 Street